Self-Discovery

12:29 pm


These past few years have been the most emotional, often the hardest, and most enjoyable days of my life so far.

I have had a lot of changes in my life lately, and I often find myself saying, "Change is okay". Because well, it is!
 I guess sometimes you enjoy things so much you never want them to change, but it's life and unless you go with the flow, you'll hit hard. 

I've always been a creative child, always making and designing. However, I loved my pets, so much so I was convinced at the age of 6 I shall be a vet, little did my 6-year-old self-know it isn't what I thought it was. 

It's hard to pick a career so young. Everything that you do now leads to what career you'll end up with and it's a lot of weight on your shoulders. I had lived most of my childhood surrounded by animals, I do love a furry friend and I was determined to work with them. I finished school and started college studying animals. I love it here, I do, it's great fun. But in all my years of education, never did I once actually explore or look outside the 'animal related careers'. 

I started looking at other colleges, and I found that actually I have much more interests lying in various areas other than animals. I started blogging several years ago and I discovered just how much passion I have for writing and photography. I studied photography in secondary school and I can not tell you how much I enjoyed that. I was having a very hard with numerous things happening in my life, and I always struggled to explain or put into words the feelings I felt. Photography was my way of telling my emotions, without saying a word. 

I've always hidden in the shadows and kept to my comfort zones, never pushed myself and maybe that's why I'm not as happy as I want to be.

 I'm reconsidering college, I'm thinking about studying photography and phycology- the mind fascinates me. The main reason I chose my animal college was because it was small, not many people go there and I loved that. If I take a different path, this college is much bigger and so many people and for anyone that knows me well, that's a scary prospect for me. 

I'm a chatty person and I love meeting new people, but when there is thousands of them around me, it becomes too much. I really want to do this, but it's scary. All my life I've aimed for one goal, and now in a blink of an eye, I am completely reconsidering my whole life. 

I think it's extremely hard picking your careers and future goals, but I have suppressed myself and my dreams for so long so that I would feel comfortable, I forgot that I can make dreams elsewhere. 

Being outside your comfort zone is okay and sometimes if you push yourself that little bit more, you might end up down a path you thought never existed. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. You're quite right in pointing out how 'change is okay', learning to embrace it is one of the best things anyone can do! Good luck with discovering which of the routes you'd like to go down, just remember you've got plenty of time to figure it out :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images